Customer Engineer (Santa Clara, CA)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks an experienced Customer Engineer who will be responsible for supporting our customers and partners with technical expertise and services in launched Wi-Fi certified programs. This role requires expertise in networking hardware, software testing methodologies, and wireless communications to provide applications engineering support for our members. He/she will work with the best technical and marketing talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Maintaining test plans and testbed equipment. Replacing obsolete hardware and ensuring interoperability between devices
- Providing technical support to member and partners. Reproducing issues, debugging and providing fixes
- Reviewing certification results. Providing feedback on the certification system
- Qualifying software fixes and maintaining automation scripts
- Reviewing lab qualification data and auditing labs
- 3-5 years of experience in an engineering role
- Experience is test automation and scripting
- Hands-on experience with IEEE 802.11 preferred
- Experience with SalesForce and Jira preferred
Skills and Behaviors
- System and component-level debugging and troubleshooting
- Test automation with commercial or proprietary software tools
- Wireless networking technologies such as Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Bluetooth, or cellular communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, demonstrated proficiency in addressing international audiences
- Proven success working in dispersed, cross-functional, and international (time-shifted) teams
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or other related science field
Competitive compensation and benchmark benefits package, including 100% employee paid healthcare premiums, 401K matching, generous PTO, and fitness allowance. Wi-Fi Alliance staff travel all over the world to engage with members, partners, and government – a unique opportunity to gain international experience and witness the impact of Wi-Fi.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Customer Engineer and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is located in Santa Clara, California, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
About Wi-Fi Alliance®
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 50,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.